Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Intro To Cloth Diapering

The first stop on our families journey to living natural (or as close to it as possible) is to cloth diaper our newborn from day 1. The only problem was that the available information on the internet, is overwhelming! The options are endless and it will make your head spin!

Do you know that there is more than just the cloth diapers that your grandmother used? Sure, those still exist and are still very commonly used within the cloth diapering community but, there are several other styles to choose from as well.

Type of Cloth Diapers:

1. Pockets
2. AIO
3. AI2
4. Fitted
5. Prefolds
6. Covers
7. Hybrids

and several more that I am sure I am missing!

With so many options, I had no idea where to start! One of the best places I found to get information from mothers who actually know, was on facebook. I found a group made up of mothers who CD (cloth diaper) and even several who made their own diapers. How cool would that be!? Once they set me on the straight and narrow as to what each type really was, I went over to youtube to look at videos made by other moms who reviewed specific brands (and I will go all over all of this with you in a later blog.)

This blog was created to help those who are new to cloth diapering (CDing) and looking for affordable brands that actually work!

No comments:

Post a Comment